Best Under Seat Subwoofer
Table of Contents
- Top Underseat Subwoofer Models Reviews
- BassPro SL - JBL 8" 125W RMS Powered Under-Seat Compact Subwoofer Enclosure System
- NEW KICKER 11HS8 8" 150W Hideaway Car Audio Powered Subwoofer
- Rockford Fosgate P300-12 300 Watt Powered Loaded 12-Inch Subwoofer Enclosure
- Rockville RW10CA 10" 800 Watt Active Car Subwoofer
- Pioneer TS-WX120A 150 W Powerful Amplified Subwoofer System
The underseat subwoofer has recently become a very popular type of low-frequency speakers. Practicality and saving space features in the cabin is a topic of current interest. It affects every modern driver, regardless of whether he uses the car trunk fully or not. In this review we will speak about pros and cons of this sub types and go into details about best models.
The under seat woofer takes very little room and is virtually invisible. It will help to release a trunk space, for which the owner will find another purpose.
Among the main advantages, we identified a strong sound and no need for complex installation, which can be performed without the help of service stations. A serious disadvantage of the under seat subwoofer is a shallow bass and low power, due to the design features.
Generally, slim subwoofer for a car has the emitters or drivers that are 8 inches. More often they are executed in a “ultra slim” design, which contributes to their convenient location in the flat thin cases. On the other hand, there are drivers with a much larger size, which are also placed in compact woofers.
Let’s move on to the rating and reviews of under seat subwoofers in 2017.
Top Underseat Subwoofer Models Reviews
- 8" JBL BassPro SL Powered Under-Seat Compact Subwoofer Enclosure | Power Output: Peak: 250 Watts | RMS: 125 Watts | Efficient Class D Amplifier | Proprietary, shallow-profile woofer
- LED power (green) and protect (red) indicators | Soft start turn-on | Speaker-level (high-level) inputs with Audio Sense Auto-on | Gold-plated Power, Ground and Remote screw-down connections | 3-way protection circuitry (thermal, overload, and speaker short protection)
- RMS: 125 Watt
- Peak Power: 250 Watt
- Sensitivity: 70 dB
- Frequency Response: 35-120 Hz
- Impedance: 4 Ohms
For the owners of small trunks or for those who just want to save some space in a car, JBL company created the BassPro SL model which allows adding a great sound system without taking too much space. One of the main distinctive features is an autonomous power supply. This invention allows a tiny sub to fit in a small cabinet with the expanded loudspeakers, which you can comfortably locate under a seat in your car. Along with a high level of bass response, this subwoofer allows you to smoothly adjust the volume and cutoff frequency of the crossover filter that varies from 50 to 120 Hz.
The case is designed to reduce resonances and an amplifier with a peak power of 250 watts swinges a speaker with a diameter of 8 inches. The amplifier is from Class D. For the user’s comfort, the producers didn’t forget to include a remote level control (GTO-RBC) in the initial kit. In this case, you can just tune the sub and hide for the first time and don’t need to worry about further adjustments as they can be done from the remote control.
- Compact size
- LED indicators
- Wired Bass Remote Controller
- Great value for money
- Not very powerful bass
- RMS Power: 150 Watts
- Ultra-compact powered subwoofer system designed for tight locations
- Dimension: 13 7/8 x 9 3/8 x 3 1/8
- 8-inch internal subwoofer
- 150-watt (RMS, 14.4v) power amplifier
- RMS: 150 Watt
- Peak Power: 150 Watt
- Frequency Response: 25-120 Hz
Great sound and top level bass can characterize all of the subs produced by Kicker company. But when you’re looking for a small-space solution, check the Kicker 11HS8 with a Hidaway feature. At the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) Innovations, this model was compared to many others on the market won the first prize for its practical design as its cabinet size is 11.5 x 5 x 18 inches and user-friendly features. Despite its small size, the output of a driver will make your friends jealous.
Buying a subwoofer Kicker 11HS8 with 8-inch driver, you don’t have to think about how to connect it – all the wires are already included. The maximum power of an amplifier is 150 watts. 11HS8 model will be an excellent replacement for a regular subwoofer, differing in the depth of the bass and excellent compatibility with the acoustic systems of any brand.
- Very small size
- High sound quality
- Consumer Electronics Show (CES) Innovations winner
- Wired remote control
- High price
- Constructed with 5/8-Inch MDF
- 12 AWG input terminals
- Class D amplifier (300 watts RMS)
- Remote bass-level control included
- Sealed enclosure, for tight, accurate bass. Dimensions: 15 x 19.8 x D1 11 - D2 7 (in)
- RMS: 300 Watt
- Peak Power: 600 Watt
- Frequency Response: 35-150 Hz
The main feature of the Rockford Fosgate P300-12 – it’s a simplicity of installation. You can add a bass in the car, but at the same time, you don’t want to sacrifice the space in your trunk. The P300-12 model produces a rather weighty and energetic bass. However, the bass pressure can be not enough for some users. Again, the existence of an amplifier with an RMS power of 300W ensures its simple installation. Generally, it is more than enough for any musical genres except rock and metal. All that is accompanied by a stylish design of an enclosure.
Rockford Fosgate P300-12 is a powered, high-quality sub, which can be installed underneath your seat. The diameter of the built-in speaker is 12 inches. When listening attentively, there are several characteristic features – the subwoofer doesn’t like signals with large amplitude, they knock it out of the rhythm.
- Separate low level and speaker level inputs
- Auto turn on/off
- Remote control
- Powerful amp of 300W RMS
- Useless for rock/metal music
- No initial installation kit
- Doesn’t have a direct RCA plug in
- Rockville RW10CA 800 Watt 10" Slim Car Subwoofer
- 800 Watts Peak / 200 Watts RMS
- PWM MOSFET Power Supply
- Low Level RCA Input
- High Level Inputs with Auto Turn-On Technology
- RMS: 200 Watt
- Peak Power: 800 Watt
- Sensitivity: 90 Db
- Frequency Response: 20-150 Hz
- Impedance: 2 Ohms
An excellent option for those who appreciate not only the quality but also an attractive appearance is the car subwoofer Rockville RW10CA. The 10-inch slim subwoofer for a car is enclosed in a nice housing of 2.7 inches thick, which provides an increased output signal at a tuned frequency. The case subwoofer RW10CA is connected to the speaker system via high-level inputs on the back of its side panel. Since it is active with the amplifier peak power of 800 watts and RMS of 200 watts, the control is very simple and won’t take much time.
Due to all that, the woofer easily copes with high loads. The remote control will allow you to adjust the sound of the music even while driving the car, without being distracted from the road. The driver of this model is covered with a grate that will protect it from mechanical damage. Along with powerful bass, the sub smartly consumes the energy as it has MOSFET transistors. Thanks to its concise design, the subwoofer Rockville RW10CA is a good solution for the being hidden under the car seat.
- Stylish design
- Powerful amp
- High-Level Inputs with Auto Turn-On Technology
- Fast installation
- Distortion is possible
- Extremely compact, yet powerful subwoofer system
- 150 watt Built-in MOSFET amplifier
- Wired remote to control gain, phase, and LPF
- Enclosure size: (WxDxH): 11"x 7-7/8" x 2-3/4"
- RMS: 50 Watt
- Peak Power: 150 Watt
- Sensitivity: 98 Db
- Frequency Response: 30-160 Hz
- Impedance: 2+2 Ohms
The under seat woofer PIONEER TS-WX120A is made in a closed polyurethane casing that is resistant to scratches. The distinguishing is its compact size. You can easily arrange it in different places of the cabin, including under the seat of passengers, without worrying about the loss of the original appearance of a device.
The PIONEER TS-WX120A car subwoofer is equipped with 1 driver with an aluminum cone and a MOSFET amplifier, which extends the range of frequencies reproduced. This model with a maximum output power of 150 watts will allow you to enjoy the high-quality sound of your favorite music and will be an excellent addition to your speaker system. Due to the presence of a high voltage input device you can connect it to the main unit that does not have line outputs to the RCA connectors.
- Excellent build
- Perfect sound quality
- Easy to connect
- No interconnection cable in the kit
- Low RMS power